New MBBS Curriculum From Session 2019-20
From the Academic year 2019-20, a new MBBS Curriculum has been announced and has been also brought into practice.
First Professional :
- The first Professional examination shall be held at the end of first Professional training (1+12 months), in the subjects of Human Anatomy Physiology and Biochemistry.
- A maximum number of four permissible attempts would be available to clear the first Professional University examination, whereby the first Professional course will have to be cleared within 4 years of admission to the said course.
- Partial attendance at any University examination shall be counted as an availed attempt
Second Professional :
- The second Professional examination shall be held at the end of second professional training (11 months), in the subjects of Pathology, Microbiology. and Pharmacology.
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology i.e. FMT has been moved to 3rd Professional.
Third Professional :
- Third Professional Part I examination shall be held at the end of third Professional part 1 of training (12 months) in the subjects of Ophthalmology. Otorhinolaryngology. Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- Third Professional Part II – (Final Professional) examination shall be at the end of training (14 months including 2 months of electives) in the subjects of General Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Pediatrics.
- The disciplines of Orthopaedics Anaesthesiology, Dentistry and Radiodiagnosis will constitute 25% of the total theory marks incorporated as a separate section in paper II of General Surgery.
- The discipline of Psychiatry and Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy (DVL). Respiratory Medicine including Tuberculosis will constitute 25% of the total theory marks in General Medicine incorporated as a separate section in paper II of General Medicine.